Problem is CC environment var. (was Re: Something screwed up in PROJECT_ROOT or PROJECT_TOPdir)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Feb 20 13:27:11 UTC 2005

RTEMS is now building (at least it started building and has been
building for a while now) after I added CC_FOR_TARGET and
CXX_FOR_TARGET to the configuration.

My problem is that I wrap my configuration with "CC=gcc34" or
"CC=gcc33", etc, so I can modify what gets built with what host
compiler.  For example, gdb 5.2 needs gcc33 while I'm building all
other host stuff with gcc34.

I just checked the RTEMS configure, and it specifies "CC_FOR_HOST", not
"CC".  Maybe someplace in multilib it must decide to use "CC" as the
target compiler if it is set and "CC_FOR_TARGET" isn't?  I'm pretty
sure this is new behavior since I think I've always done this, but I
won't swear to it.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.