Fwd: Re: [OpenH323]Cross Compile

Tue Jan 4 18:50:19 UTC 2005

Steve Holle wrote:
> I'm trying to build the OpenH323 libraries and they are looking for what
> looks like the pthread and c_r libraries.  I've built RTEMS with the
> --enable-posix
>  switch and it seems to generate many posix object files but not these
> two libraries.  Are these libraries included in another library?

librtemscpu.a has all the POSIX and Classic API support (and a lot
more).  There is no separate libpthread with RTEMS.

libc.a iSoLikeCandy at yahoo.coms provided with the tools and is newlib.  I
don't know why they are looking for libc_r.  I guess some hosts put
their pthread code in that library.

Look at how the rtems-addon-packages are configured and built.  They
override the variables for the compiler and flags to match what you
should be using.  Eric Norum has managed to build a fair number of
packages this way.

--joel