Network on POSIX (linux) target?

Keith Robertson kjrobert at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 11 12:11:52 UTC 2005

Hi Karel,

I looked into this a fair bit and decided that, for me at least, the
best way to go was with the i386 port and QEMU or Bochs.  You can get
all the advantages of windows/linux development/test environment plus a
full featured rtems port.

You may be interested to read these links/posts too:
http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2004/november/msg00307.html
http://www.rtems.org/phpwiki/index.php/Bochs

Keith

BTW: if you go this route I strongly recommend using grub + mkisofs to
boot your image.  It's a lot easier than faffing around with harddisk
parameters in bochs.