FYI: RTEMS-pc386 works with QEMU

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Thu Jan 13 23:21:58 UTC 2005

Lars,

could you be so kind and share your experiences with tftp rtems boot
inside Qemu emulator? I have qemu with user networking up and running, but
unfortunatelly I'm not able to get etherboot booting. Either DHCP does not
find file inside DHCP request or when I disable DHCP and provide direct
file name, it tells something about access violation. When I switch to use
RARP, it does not push packet thorough Qemu's emulation down to the
host... Or do you even use qemu built-in tftp server for booting? If so
how?

BTW: Thanks for your nice description provided here:
http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2004/november/msg00307.html

Thanks a lot,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com