assert in malloc.c:383

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Fri Jan 14 12:35:14 UTC 2005

Hello,

while trying to start my application, it asserts deeply in RTEMS code in
cpukit/libcsupport/src/malloc.c:383 -- I'm talking here about 4-6-branch.

The problematic code is a part of free function and it looks:

     380   status = rtems_region_return_segment( RTEMS_Malloc_Heap, ptr );
     381   if ( status != RTEMS_SUCCESSFUL ) {
     382     errno = EINVAL;
     383     assert( 0 );
     384   }

my question is: how to prevent it? Is assert on this place really needed,
especially when I consider that you set errno on this place. What does
this assert mean?

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com