[possible regression] pc386/ne2000 networking is not running on rtems-trunk

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Fri Jan 14 15:08:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Keith Robertson wrote:

> > Netdemo runs partially only:
> >
> > on the 46-branch configuration statistic and udp are working, tcp not. --
> > it just prints `Create socket.\nBind socket.\nConnect socket.\n' and
> > that's all, after this demo looks (at least console) blocked
>
> Hi Karel,
>
> It's possibly worth re-checking that you've set the DATA_SINK_HOST to a
> valid machine that accepts connections on the discard port (9).  The
> console appears to lock for sometime if you don't (while waiting for a
> timeout presumably).

Hi Keith,

you are 100% right! I've looked into the source and there was some need to
redefine this define. :-)

> Additionally, when you do get it working the 't' option sends a fair
> chunk of data.  It takes a good 5-10s before you'll get focus back in
> the console.  You should see plenty of traffic to DATA_SINK_HOST:9
> throughout this period though.

That's true. Now just for verification, I'm able to invoke `u' and `s'
several times, but `t' only once, since at the second invocation it refuse
to bind to the same socket (since it is already in use) and finish. Is
this expected behaviour?

Thanks for our help,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com