Howto build rdbd enabled GDB?

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Mon Jan 17 11:17:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm searching thorough mailing list, but still not able to find out right
way how to build rdbg enabled GDB. I have tried both 6.0 and 5.2 with
RTEMS related patches, but both seems to complain about recommended
--target=i386-RTEMS and both seems to compile w/o rdbg support at the end
(after supplying --target=i386-rtems). i.e. both does not know anything
about `setrpcmode' command.

So I would like to ask here, what's the recommended current way how to
compile rdbg enabled GDB. i.e. which versions, which patches and which
configure command-line arguments do I need to be able to compile it right.

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com