Q: Should Cygwin/RTEMS-4.6.2/powerpc-rtems/psim pass these: sp12. exe and sp32.exe?

Mon Jan 17 17:42:57 UTC 2005

Mills, John M. wrote:
> Hello -
>
> In my 'build' directory:
>  $ cd <build_root>/powerpc-rtems/psim/tests
>  $ psim sp12.exe
>
> I get:
> *** TEST 12 ***
> INIT - Forward priority queue test
> PRI1 - rtems_semaphore_obtain - wait forever on SM2
> PRI2 - rtems_semaphore_obtain - wait forever on SM2
> PRI3 - rtems_semaphore_obtain - wait forever on SM2
> INIT - Backward priority queue test
> PRI5 - rtems_semaphore_obtain - wait forever on SM2
> PRI5 - WHY AM I HERE? (pri=35)

I would have to look at this one.  Maybe.. maybe not.  See below for
an explanation of what can happen on psim.

I will try to build this and look into it.  Ping me Wed if I don't post
back.

>  [test and report terminate]
>
> I also fail sp32:
>  $ psim sp32.exe
>
> I get:
> *** TEST 32 ***
>
> rate_monotonic_period FAILED -- expected (successful completion) got (timed
> out waiting)
>
> Are these failures expected?

sp32 is particularly sensitive to the amount of work that can be done
between clock ticks.  On psim the period between clock ticks is measured
in number of instructions, so TICKS_PER_MICROSECOND == the number of
instructions we treat as a microsecond.  So it could easily be too low
for this test.