stringify macro issue [was: Re: GCC 3.4.x + RTEMS 4.6.2 release.]

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Thu Jan 13 21:15:34 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've found the reason why I had these strange issues with gcc3.2.3 and
rtems 4.6.2. I've found them since I've also started to have them with
rtems trunk and gcc3.4.3. The reason is that we write code like:

class Foo
{
    std::string stringify () const;

while RTEMS seems to define stringify macro:

     145
     146 #define stringify( _x ) # _x
     147

in file <target>/<bsp>/lib/include/rtems/system.h

which causes corruption of our definition to:

    std::string "" () const;

which is really uncompilable. :-)

Cheers,
Karel