[rtems-4-6-branch] i386/pc386 BSP compilation failure

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Jan 17 14:11:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 10:24 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Joel,
>
> have you been able to duplicate this build failure yourself?

I am able to reproduce the bug. AFAIS, it has been introduced by this
patch to c/src/lib/libbsp/shared

2004-10-13      Eric Norum <norume at aps.anl.gov>

        PR 688/bsps
        * shared/tod.c: Set RTEMS time during TOD initialization

>  I've been
> able to duplicate this issue also on today's rtems-4-6-branch sources, so
> I'm just curious if I can submit proper bugreport now.

IMO, this breakdown is the tip of an iceberg - The origin of this lays
much deeper - libbsp/shared needs to be fundamentally redesigned.

ATM, I don't have sufficent time to look into this, sorry.

Ralf