PCI lookup issue: 3c905C-TX not found by RTEMS.

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Tue Jan 18 23:23:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Karel Gardas wrote:

> > If neither helps, then I think we'll have to modify things to
> > inventory each bus you can talk to, looking for bridges and then
> > looking behind them.  We might run across something disabled which is
> > limiting access to some downstream busses.  I guess we'll essentially
> > be debugging the hack-ed in functions.
>
> I'm for going this route, since basicaly I would like to use this machine
> for RTEMS netwroking testing, as Qemu does not seems to be good for
> networking... So any hack how to make 3com NIC recognized is highly
> welcome here.

At least I have tried to return 0/8/0 in pbus/pdev/pfun(as OpenBSD dmesg
advices me) from BSP_pciFindDevice when it tries to find first instance of
10b7/9200 device and now I'm able to get:

etherlink: device '3Com 3c905C-TX Fast Etherlink XL', name 'elnk1', pci
00:08.00, 16 rx/16 tx buffers

output and then RTEMS freeze. I guess rtems/pci is simply kind of broken
on my board and so later (in rtems_elnk_driver_attach function) PCI usage
probably returns incorrect values for ioaddr, interrupt and such. The only
question is if I hack whole rtems_elnk_driver_attach and set all required
parameters manually inside it, if the whole thing will run well and
results in elink correctly initialized and attached -- i.e. I don't know
anything about PCI bus initialization...

Thanks,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com