Q: Should Cygwin/RTEMS-4.6.2/powerpc-rtems/psim pass these: s p12. exe and sp32.exe?

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Fri Jan 21 16:30:59 UTC 2005

Joel -

Mills, John M. wrote:
jmm> I also fail sp32:
jmm>  $ psim sp32.exe
jmm>
jmm> I get:
jmm>
jmm> *** TEST 32 ***
jmm>
jmm> rate_monotonic_period FAILED -- expected (successful completion) got
(timed
jmm> out waiting)
jmm>
jmm>
jmm> Are these failures expected?

js> sp32 is particularly sensitive to the amount of work that can be done
js> between clock ticks.  On psim the period between clock ticks is measured
js> in number of instructions, so TICKS_PER_MICROSECOND == the number of
js> instructions we treat as a microsecond.  So it could easily be too low
js> for this test.

Following your note to Daniel Gustafsson and the contents of <confdefs.h>, I
edited
 <RTEMS-srcdir>/c/src/tests/sptests/sp32/init.c to add the line:

"#define CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK
RTEMS_MILLISECONDS_PER_MICROSECOND(xx)"

before the line: "#include <confdefs.h>"

I still fail 'sp32.exe' for values of xx between 1 and 5000.

Was this the correct way to configure my psim's reported speed? What test
would be more suitable for me to calibrate this constant?

Thanks.
 - John

John M. Mills
Staff Engineer