gen405 bsp state?

Ed Sutter esutter at lucent.com
Tue Jul 5 17:26:37 UTC 2005

Thanks for the responses; however, I'm still stumped.
I saw the issue regarding the linker command file and I think
it's fixed in the latest release.  Also, keep in mind that I'm
simply trying to run a hello world 'C' application.  No C++ involved.

Joel, I guess if you were able to run this BSP, then I have to
conclude that my problem is configuration based; although I used
the recommendations from "Getting Started".  I'm just building the
"hello world" example.  Do you recall what you used as your
initial test application?

When I build this image, the disassembly of _init is...

0001e070 <__init>:
    1e070:   94 21 ff f0     stwu    r1,-16(r1)
    1e074:   7c 08 02 a6     mflr    r0
    1e078:   90 01 00 14     stw r0,20(r1)

0001e07c <__fini>:
    1e07c:   94 21 ff f0     stwu    r1,-16(r1)
    1e080:   7c 08 02 a6     mflr    r0
    1e084:   90 01 00 14     stw r0,20(r1)

This is the end of text, so instructions after this point are invalid.
This is consistent with the linkcmds file.  The output of 'nm' shows
_init() and __init() at the same location.  So clearly the call to
_init() is going to crash the machine.

I'm running with a Cygwin host, is there any reason to be suspicious of
anything there?

Ed