Adding an Ethernet driver

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 14 02:03:40 UTC 2005

Hi Bryon,

In the base directory of your BSP, you will need to modify the:

configure.ac
makefile.am

to include the subdirectories that you want to build.  the easiest way
to work it out is to look in these files for other directories in your
BSP that are currently being built and make your network directory the
same.  The other thing to do is look into another BSP that already has a
network directory in it and examine the files listed above for a comparison.

In our configure.ac: (for autoconf)

# Explicitly list all Makefiles here
AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
include/Makefile
start/Makefile
startup/Makefile
clock/Makefile
console/Makefile
timer/Makefile
network/Makefile
i2c/Makefile
wrapup/Makefile])

In our makefile.am: (for automake)
SUBDIRS = . include start startup clock console timer network i2c wrapup

Also, you will need a makefile.am file in your network directory.

You will then need to perform a bootstrap, and not being an expert in
these matters, I remember reading that you can do this from the BSP
directory, but I have never had success with this, so I:

cd to the root of your source rtems tree and perform the bootstrap from
there, in my case:

cd /rtems-4.6/
./bootstrap

<wait sometime>

It will then complete after walking the source directories.

You should now be ready to go.  I don't think I have missed anything,
but it has been a while since I have had to do this.

regards,

Ian Caddy

--
Ian Caddy