Making dependencies with "x-rtems-gcc -MM" fails to find system includes

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Jul 27 12:27:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:53 +0200, Rolf Schroedter wrote:
> I don't know whether this is a gcc issue or RTEMS or sparc-only  problem:
No, you are mixing several issue in one big bowl ;)

> Making dependencies with
>      sparc-rtems-gcc $(CFLAGS) -MM ...
> fails not finding the system include <rtems.h>.
As you seem to be using rtems-CVS/4.7, this file (and many others) has
been moved to rtems/ (<rtems/rtems.h>) in rtems-4.7.

I.e. this probably is a source code bug.

> The workaround is to specify the system include explicitely for
> making dependencies:
>      sparc-rtems-gcc -isystem /opt/rtems-4.6/.../include $(CFLAGS) -MM ...

When using an installed rtems-4.7 you should not have to specify any
-isystem or -I options except for the BSP headers.

> (using -I is bad because it includes loads of rtems-headers in the
> dependency file.
-I is correct. These dependencies also are.

Ralf