DMA controller and data cache problems

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Thu Jun 2 16:34:27 UTC 2005

Solution 1:

Enable leon2 cache snooping to keep caches synchronized with
main memory. You need to synthesize leon2 with cache snooping
enabled, and then set the snoop enable bit in the cache
control register.

Solution 2:

Use asm("flush") to flush the cache after DMA. Affects
performance since the whole cache is flushed.

Jiri.