Updating RTEMS FreeBSD network stack

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Wed Jun 22 19:43:17 UTC 2005

Some time ago I began to port an up-to-date version of the FreeBSD
network stack.  The big change was that I added sleep/wakeup process
synchronization primitives to RTEMS to make it easier to port the
FreeBSD code.  I also ported the full FreeBSD termios stack.   The
latter change meant that every character driver had to be rewritten,
but also meant that select()/poll() worked for network sockets and
serial ports.  I ran out of time to complete this.   The
network/termios code was running on a MC68360 system, though -- with a
very cobbled-together build arrangement and*lots* of warnings from
"header-hell" conflicts between newlib, FreeBSD kernel, FreeBSD user
and RTEMS headers (types.h is the worst problem and the differences
between malloc arguments in kernel and user space is another big
headache).   I submitted all my changes to Joel some time ago.

--
Eric Norum <norume at aps.anl.gov>
Advanced Photon Source