PCI API (was : Add support for DEC/Intel 21150 PCI-PCI bridge)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Mar 1 20:19:22 UTC 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 2:45 PM, <gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> And does this mean we would need 254 copies of
> the api for all the possible busses?

Now that I have a clue of how this works I have to agree to keep it
simple.  In the simple case of the MVME5500, once you've counted all
the busses on the first PCI peer you know the higher busses are on the
second peer, and you can hide all the PCIx stuff at that level.  For
now I just have time to put in a warning if a PCI-PCI bridge shows up
in a PMC slot, since that won't work.

I won't begin to ask how hot-pluggable PCI works.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.