clockOn() never called (was Re: powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150)

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Mar 7 13:11:40 UTC 2005

I see what's wrong, though I don't know why: clockOn() is never called,
so the value set by PPC_Set_decrementer is still the (unsigned)-1 that
it was set to in Clock_initialize().

Again, this is in the "ticker" sample program, so I assume it should
work without any changes to anything.  How was clockOn() supposed to
have been called?

I'm not sure why this works out to a factor of 150, (2^32)/33000 is
130150, but I suppose it has something to do with that inner loop in
the ISR where it keeps calling the ticker.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.