powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 7 18:30:50 UTC 2005

As far as I can see (looking at src in CVS) there is a bug in the BSP

mvme5500/irq/irq.c comments the line (BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler())

/*
     * Enable interrupt on device

    irq->on(irq);*/

--> clockOn() is not called on this BSP. Note that eventually (i.e.,
after the decrementer reaching zero from the initial 0xffffffff count
[~250seconds at a decr/timebase clock rate of 16MHz]) the algorithm
works normally. Since Kate is probably testing on a 'live' system
using dynamic loading she is not observing the bug. Peter, however
seems to work with the statically linked test app where the bug
manifests itself.

HTH
-- T.