powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Mar 8 16:29:12 UTC 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 9:18 AM, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> could you check that interrupts are actually on when
> the first task executes? and in all tasks.

At the start of each task I verified that the board TBEN is driven
high, the processor TBEN in HID0 is driven high, and that the MSR EE
bit is high, and all three are high.  As far as I know those are all
the conditions needed to allow the interrupt to happen, unless a higher
interrupt is pending.

AH-AH, I think there is always an external interrupt pending.

I verified that we keep getting excNum 5, which I assume is the
external interrupt.

Then I toggled the LED at entry and exit to the IRQ handler after the
DECREMENT interrupt is handled, and the LED is always on though we
shouldn't have anything interrupting like that, and finally I enabled
the printk  in mvme5500/irq/irq.c (look for "very bad practice") and
see that I keep getting:

main 0 0, main 1 1000000

So I think that something is interrupting and the stimulus is never
being removed.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.