Query/plan about ARM targets RTEMS integrated debugging

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Sun Mar 13 13:37:04 UTC 2005

Hello Joel and others,

I would like to change debugging situation for ARM targets.
I have already send this question some time ago, but I have
received no reply.

On Friday 04 March 2005 01:58, Pavel Pisa wrote:
> I have some slight experience with GDB internals.
> That is why I should be able to implement/port ARM stub for RTEMS
> if I am helped with RTEMS side of the game.
>
> I have already looked at RTEMS sources for other architectures,
> but I would like to discuss case with more knowledge people.
> As I understand, there are two possible kinds of stubs for RTEMS.
> One is running in RTEMS thread and can be used to debug other RTEMS
> threads over RS-232 or ETHERNET. This stub cannot be used for
> core executive primitives and interrupts debugging.
> The second one is stub directly connected to the RS-232 hardware,
> which could be used for debugging of all code run with enabled
> interrupts.
>
> Please, can you give me information, where should be ARM specific
> files located and which architecture implementation is the best
> starting point. I am not sure, which kind of stub is better
> for beginning. Suggestions there welcomed as well.

I cannot promise, that I find time for this work at this moment,
but I would like to work or cooperate on this in future.

Thanks in advance

                Pavel Pisa
        e-mail: pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
        www:    http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa