[2] Help, VERY, VERY strange RTEMS execution time...

Alex kbyte at iol.pt
Thu Mar 17 10:34:40 UTC 2005

Hi Adrian and first thanks for your help!

Well, I am using a intel celeron mendocino at 400MHz with 128k of cache

I turned off the CPU L1 cache and CPU L2 cache using the BIOS setup...

Without turn off any cache I saw the following values:
1440
56
56
56
56
54
56
56
56
56

When I turn off the L1 and L2 caches I saw
461
54
56
56
56
54
56
56
56
56

But as you said I just turn off the data caches, right?

Ok, I have to find out how to turn off the instruction cache and then try again to see the results...

Many thanks

Alex