[Fwd: Unsupported targets slated for removal]

Wed Mar 23 15:02:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

Just back from time off for a sick kid and some spring holiday.

I saw this on the binutils list.  It includes some RTEMS targets
so I wanted to pass it along.   These are the RTEMS targets on
the list:

     h8300-*-rtems*
     h8500-*-rtems*
     i960-*-rtems*
     m68k-*-rtemscoff*
     sh-*-rtemscoff*

My thoughts:

h8300 -- already removed from gdb.  Is it time to schedule
   obsoletion in RTEMS?

h8500 -- port never really existed

i960 -- already dead

m68k-rtemscoff -- m68k long ago switched to ELF, so OK

sh-rtemscoff -- default is now elf.  Historically COFF was
   more stable than ELF for sh but we are already switched
   to ELF for sh-rtems so this shouldn't be an issue.

Any comments from anyone out there?