[Fwd: Unsupported targets slated for removal]

Wed Mar 23 15:28:37 UTC 2005

Scott Newell wrote:
> At 09:02 AM 3/23/2005 , Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
>
>>h8300 -- already removed from gdb.  Is it time to schedule
>>  obsoletion in RTEMS?
>

> Back in November when the h8300 gdb plans came out, KPIT Cummins announced
> on the gnu-h8 list that they were going to step up and maintain the port.
> Maybe they didn't follow through.

I don't track gdb closely enough to have noticed.  But if they
volunteered for gdb, they will apparently also need to step up
for binutils.

If you have an email contact with them, you might want to ping
them.  There has already been some traffic on the binutils list
and no one has mentioned the h8300 yet.

--joel