Clock not running (was Re: RTEMS4.7 and its tool chain (Re: powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150))

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Tue Mar 8 19:51:01 UTC 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 12:56 PM, Kate Feng wrote:

> I  would like to help you.  Sadly, I  have my own job to
> worry about.  I will post the updated source on the WEB
> as soon as I have made sure the change on the PCI API
> works fine with all  my  application hardware.
>

> If you would like to make your life easier,
> I would recommend you to stay on the same release
> of RTEMS (4.6.0) , BSP and the toolchain as mine.

I took Kate off the headers.

I've verified that the interrupt that is always pending and is locking
out the decrementer is interrupt #56, the serial port interrupt.

The serial ports are using ns16550.c, and are embedded in the "Marvell"
GT64260 chip that you not only need
an NDA to get, but I found out today you need to go through a
distributor first.

I checked CVS and don't see anything in the 16550 code that has
changed.  Can anyone think of anything that might have affected this
between 4.6 and the code in CVS?  I don't particularly want to spend
the time going back to code that isn't under CVS control.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.