Clock not running (was Re: RTEMS4.7 and its tool chain (Re: powerpc mvme5500 clock off by factor of 150))

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Tue Mar 22 19:07:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005,  Peter Dufault wrote:

> I checked CVS and don't see anything in the 16550 code that has
> changed.  Can anyone think of anything that might have affected this
> between 4.6 and the code in CVS?  I don't particularly want to spend
> the time going back to code that isn't under CVS control.

I guess  I missed the boat  by two weeks as I pointed out the problem
is related to RTEMS4.7,  not  to the BSP of mvme5500.  Thanks to all
of you  for debuging  RTEMS4.7.  It  took  lots of hard work and
intelligence.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Kate Feng wrote :

> The tools I used for the 4.6.0 version I posted on the WEB are :
>  binutils-2.13.2.1
>  gcc-3.2.2
>  newlib-1.11.0
>  automake-1.9.2  (from GNU site)
> autoconf-2.59   (from GNU site)

Peter, may I know which versions of tools you used for the RTEMS4.7 ?
I think you mentioned gcc-4.x.???    Also, how about other tools ?
I looked in http://www.rtems.com/rtems-4.7/index.html.
The tool was listed  as  "gcc 3.3 series for C/C++".   I must have missed
some information.

Regards,
Kate