RTEMS BOOTP and Linksys routers

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Mon May 2 19:18:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 05:18:02PM -0500, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> Are there any other existing m68k patches needed?

needed?  likely not.  but I'm still sitting on some patches since last
november to more fully "legitimize" CPU32, but I'm having trouble
integrating it into gcc 4.xx, and got sucked back into doing "real
work"(tm) which doesn't involve hacking on gcc.

starting here:

http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2004/november/msg00197.html

it kind of degraded into motorola bashing, and preprocessor workarounds
got put into RTEMS so things aren't critical anymore, but AFAIK the core
issue with gcc and CPU32 is still unresolved: TARGET_CPU32 and
TARGET_68020 should be mutually exclusive within gcc, and aren't.

I'll take a deep breath and post a patch to gcc-patches (and discuss on
gcc) hopefully I won't drown.

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com