rtems for video games.

Steven Johnson sjohnson at sakuraindustries.com
Thu May 19 19:49:53 UTC 2005

If its good enough for ICBM's and the like, I think it would be good
enough for a game.

It would have to be a console however, running it on top of another OS
wouldnt be very efficient.

An advantage for a gaming console is its ability to run multiprocessor
(asynchronous multi processing) which is useful for dividing the job
over different execution units. (Not that ive ever used this feature.)

I use it in real time graphical (animations, image rendering, changing
based on received data) applications, and it works well, never had a
problem with performance, that i can blame RTEMS for. (Not games, but
similar concepts to the application).

Steven Johnson