TSR's

Thu May 19 19:50:26 UTC 2005

Mike Bertosh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am calling a function inside my TSR that tries to obtain the network semaphore.
> When this happens my program crashes in the internal error function. Am I allowed to
> get the network semaphore from inside the TSR?

no, no, no and no. :)

If you do not acquire the network semaphore, the caller will block.  A
TSR runs in the clock tick ISR -- not a task.  That error check is in
there just to prevent the weird errors you would get if you blocked in
the middle of an ISR.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish but you probably want to
wakeup a task to do it.  Most of the network drivers have to do this to
defer some processing to task level for this very reason.