Stack filling.

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri May 27 10:29:48 UTC 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 2:34 AM, Chris Johns wrote:

> The capture engine uses a value of 0xdeaddead and the stack checker
> uses a different more complex pattern. I do not mind what is used
> so if you have a preference for any reason please say.

I usually derive guard patterns from what I'm doing and force them
odd by adding one to the last value if needed so they tend to be
unique without resorting to a "central authority".  I think it's
still obvious from the "all alpha" that it's a guard pattern.

enum guard_pattern {
     capture_engine = 0xcaeecaef,  // CApturE EnginE CApturF...
     stack_checker = 0xaccecead  // stACk ChECkEr stADk...
};

Peter