Problem building Ada examples

Frédéric PRACA frederic.praca at freebsd-fr.org
Mon Nov 7 21:27:47 UTC 2005

Selon "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>" <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com>:
> If memory serves, there should be a start.o in the same directory as the
> bsp_specs and the above linker options are sufficient to find it.  Is it
> there?
First of all, thank you for such a quick answer.
start.o is in the directory you mentionned.

> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > i386-rtems-gnatlink: cannot call
> > /home/fred/Dev/Audiome/crossCompiler/binaries/bin/i386-rtems-gcc
> > i386-rtems-gnatmake: *** link failed.
> > gmake: *** [hello.exe] Erreur 4
> >
> > Why does ld look for start.o ????
>
> Every program needs start.o which is traditionally known as crt0.o.  It
> initializes the stack, etc.
Ok, now I begin to understand.

Well, I just rebuilt the whole thing and now it works, I think I forgot
something the first time. I'll try what I compiled with Bochs but it should be
running.

Thanks a lot

Fred