NOTE on rtems-4.7

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Nov 9 17:10:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

A note to those working on rtems-4.7 and rtems-4.7 contributions:

The RTEMS types
rtems_unsigned8 rtems_unsigned16 rtems_unsigned32
rtems_signed8 rtems_signed16 rtems_signed32

and their non RTEMS prefixed counterparts
unsigned8 unsigned16 unsigned32
signed8 signed16 signed32

will be soon be deprecated in RTEMS-4.7 in favor of the POSIX types from
stdint.h:
uint8_t uint16_t uint32_t
int8_t int16_t int32_t

There will be backward compatibility convenience hacks, but RTEMS having
been configured with standard configuration flags will not support the
(then obsolete) types listed above.

Any new contribution must not use these types, any old code still using
them in the source tree, has to be considered broken and should be fixed
(I thought I already had caught all, apparently I was wrong).

Thanks
	Ralf