multilib question

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 11 19:51:38 UTC 2005

Paul

Here's my current method (horrible hack - if anybody knows
of a better one, please post it) to find out what multilibs are
going to be built (without having to wait for hours) while tuning
t-rtems. Of course, this doesn't address more complex issues
raised by Ralf (implicit defaults)...

1) gcc/Makefile.in (at the end, add a helper rule):

pmlibs:
        $(GCC_FOR_TARGET) --print-multi-lib

2) configure and build gcc normally first

3) chdir to <build_top>/gcc

4) show/list multilibs:

       make pmlibs

(not much magic, so far but here it comes:)

5) edit/modify t-rtems (in source tree)

6) check what multilibs the new t-rtems would produce:

      chdir <build_top>/gcc
      ./config.status
      make libgcc.mk
      make pmlibs

[(6) is much, much faster than rebuilding everything.]

HTH
-- Till