Wuerz MPC555 question and some code offer

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Sun Nov 27 20:56:36 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I have noticed, that you are trying to port MPC555
BSP to the Wuerz board, some time ago.
We have two Wuerz-elektronik EC555 boards at the university and we would like
to test RTEMS on them now. I would be very pleased, if you can
provide us some hints, what you have tested and what has to be modified.

We have build GDB with BDM for PowerPC already.
Build is based on libmpc8xx and gdb-6.1.1-mpc-bdm patches.
It seems, that some time should be invested to add MPC555
core specific registers into libmpc8xx. But setup
works reasonably under Linux host system already.

We have started to clone ss555 BSP to the ec555 already.
But I have problems with my time and participating students
have problems with learning curve. We need to modify ldscripts
for the board but even I have some problems to quickly modify original one,
because its scheme is not clear to me. No regular ">ram", ">flash"
and  ".data : AT ( ADDR( .xxx ) + SIZEOF( .xxx ) ) {" scheme
to catch eyes quickly on.

Our effort is freely available from the university departmen
DARCS embedded repository

http://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/darcs/darcsweb.cgi?r=rtems-devel;a=summary

The repository contains QUILT <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt>
patch series against RTEMS-051009 CVS snapshot and may it be, that
some pieces could be usable even to others.

There are patches to new completed BSP for our MO_CPU1/2 board
based on 68376 MCU. This code is based on MRM332 BSP.

There are modifications for PiMX1 ARM based board as well.
This code is based on the Jay's Monkman's code.

Best wishes and thanks
for possible hints in the advance

                Pavel Pisa
        e-mail: pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz