Cogent 637 board

Thu Nov 10 14:15:23 UTC 2005

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
> I'm using GCC 4.0.0, newlib 1.13.  What version should I use? Is there
> any work-around?

Either downgrade to a 3.x compiler or find out what code is optimized
into breaking.  So far, it has always been some piece of questionable
BSP or driver code that just happened to work with the older compilers.

gcc 4.x is much more agressive with optimization and it takes more
perfectly valid optimization opportunities which can break code.