multilib question

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 10 17:07:15 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 22:06 -0800, Till Straumann wrote:
>
>>I want to build gcc/newlib with the following variants:
>>
>>-mcpu=860 -soft-float
>>-mcpu=603e -Dmpc8260
>>-mcpu=604
>>-mcpu=7400 -mabi=altivec -maltivec -mvrsave=yes
>>-mcpu=7400 -mabi=altivec -maltivec -mvrsave=no
>>-mcpu=7400 -mabi=altivec -mno-altivec
>>
>>how do I have to set the MULTILIB_xxx variables in 't-rtems' ?

OK, let me simplify my question:

I want something like MULTILIB_EXTRA_OPTS but it should only
apply to one specific variant. E.g., -mcpu=7400 should always
activate -mabi=altivec but -mabi=altivec should not be active
on other cpus.

T.

> It's documented in
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/

Got that but it only describes the simplest cases.  I also dug
through 'genmultilib' etc. but I thought I ask if someone has
an easy explanation...