RTEMS 4.6.5 available

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Oct 7 13:54:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 18:26 -0500, Joel Sherrill  wrote:
> It's that time again.  The list of fixes committed to the
> 4.6 branch reached a level that makes a new release a good
> idea. The time since 4.6.4 has been busier than the number of
> PRs addressed indicates.  There was only one bug fix for RTEMS
> proper and one for the missing patch to the shared console
> driver code.  But more important, were the PRs that reflect
> significant improvements to BSPs.  The PowerPC MBX8xx BSPs
> and the SPARC BSPs have had a significant refresh.
>
> It can be downloaded from
>
> ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/4.6.4

4.6.4 or 4.6.5?
> I do not consider the 4.6 branch dead even with this release.
I beg to differ ... I do!

4.6.x is outdated and in "bug fix" only mode. It lacks all the years (!)
of progress on the configuration and toolchain side. You won't even be
able to build 4.6.x with modern toolchains.

Any new development at least by me, will take place on cvs trunk /
rtems-4.7, only.

Ralf