RTEMS BSP for Wuerz Elektronik ec555-light board

David Querbach querbach at realtime.bc.ca
Tue Oct 18 16:57:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:53:12PM +1000, Andreas Pfeil wrote:

> I'm trying to get a BSP running for the ec555-light board manufactured
> by Wuerz Elektronik (http://wuerz-elektronik.com/mpc555light.html).
>
> This BSP is extremely close to the ss555. It seems, it only needs some
> minor modifications in the startup code (remove intialisation for the
> CPLD - doesn't exist on the wuerz board; change memory mapping, as the
> external memory is located at a different address) and a different
> memory map (I think, the memory size is different).

When I wrote the ss555 port, I abstracted as much code as I could to the
mpc5xx library (in c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/mpc5xx), with the intention that
it be shared with future MPC5xx BSP's.  Most of the remaining code in the
ss555 directory (c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/ss555) should be either actual
board-specific code, or irreducible boilerplate.

> How do I do this in the least painful and most maintainable way? Do I
> need to build a new BSP, should the ss555 BSP augmented to support the
> Wuerz board?

I recommend you copy the ss555 directory and edit it to suit your needs.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.