Call for SPARCengine 1e BSP

Wed Sep 7 20:14:33 UTC 2005

Ivan Galkin wrote:
> Inspired by Joel's invitation, here's a call for a BSP port to
> SPARCengine 1e board.

Does this match any of the hardware in the list at?

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/

If you can boot NetBSD, then you have (OK someone has) all the driver
information you need.  Not in the best form but there.

I updated your Wiki entry to include information on how to
address the a.out boot loader and som eother thoughts.  See

http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/SPARCengine_1e

> SPARCengine 1e is a SPARC V7 board in VME, circa 1991.
> This CPU was used as a prototype for the ERC32 chipset.
> The existing RTEMS ERC32 BSP does not work on SPARCengine 1e (see below).
>
> Motivation for BSP port:
> An ERC32 evaluation board can be found at $15-18K from Atmel or Tharsys,
> whereas a used Force CPU-1CE or CPU-2CE boards are a mere $100 on ebay.
> The ERC32 VME boards continue to be a viable choice of
> radiation-hardened embedded systems for space applications.

Does Force have any documentation?  How about the ESA folks who
originally did the ERC32?  I know it is old but Jiri.... any thoughts?