IDE Works: was Re: PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Fri Sep 16 23:43:44 UTC 2005

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> I did a make, then changed the file
> Then I did a make depend
> then a make again. It appears that the changed .h file was picked up.

It is a success - Tested it out on the PC104 card and was able to read
and write to the compact flash.

The way I have it implemented is that I have it as a different BSP to my
DIMMPC (which is pc386dx -- this one is PC386). I can see how one could
use it still using the RTEMS makefile by doing a configure with a
different prefix if wanted to use the same BSP.

This is a big stepping stone to having this PC104 board fully RTEMS
capable (I suppose that is a different subject)
Just need to get the ethernet drivers now
The manufacturer provide the Linux source, which you can see at
http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/CM587/Driver/Lan/unix/redhat6.2/linux-2.2.x

Someone said they were going to implement the rt18139, however, they
never got back with an example exe

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)