PR649, was Re: PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Mon Sep 19 13:09:02 UTC 2005

Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:

> Angelo,
>
> thank you for your feedback, I am glad the patch fixes your problem.
>
> To all: when I renamed this discussion to "PR469...", I have taken the
> wrong PR number as reference, so the actual PR number fixed is PR649,
> not PR469.
>
> wkr,
> Thomas
>
> Angelo Fraietta schrieb:
>
>>Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:
>>

>>>../configure --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 \
>>>- --target=i386-rtems4.7 \
>>>- --prefix=<whatever> \
>>>IDE_USE_PRIMARY_INTERFACE=0 \
>>>IDE_USE_SECONDARY_INTERFACE=1
>>>

>>>Angelo, can you try this out?
>>>

>>Just did. I made this one pc586 and configured as you said.
>>Worked fine. I also looked in the bspopts.h file and it was written in
>>there. I then ran on PC104 and it worked

Too much driving this weekend lead me to a slightly modified way of
turning on and off the two IDE interfaces.

Some BSPs have variables in the linkcmds which can be overridden at link
time.  It is often used for setting RamSize.  Would this be a good
candidate for this technique?

--joel