pc386 on CVS head with gcc 4.x

Thu Sep 22 13:57:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

Karel and I have been bouncing email back and forth about the
pc386 BSP and qemu.  I have run into a problem I want to see
if anyone has ideas on the best way to approach and debug.

4.6.4:              ticker runs
CVS with gcc 3.3.5: ticker runs
CVS with gcc 4.0.x: ticker fails

I don't know how to debug with qemu.  On top of that, I suspect that
something in the IRQ or Clock device driver is miscompiled and don't
know the best way to narrow that down.

Any advice or -- even better -- a fix?