pc386 on CVS head with gcc 4.x

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Thu Sep 22 14:05:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Karel and I have been bouncing email back and forth about the
> pc386 BSP and qemu.  I have run into a problem I want to see
> if anyone has ideas on the best way to approach and debug.
>
> 4.6.4:              ticker runs
> CVS with gcc 3.3.5: ticker runs
> CVS with gcc 4.0.x: ticker fails
>
> I don't know how to debug with qemu.

Just a second hand experience: Qemu provides standard GDB stubs and you
can start emulation with stoped processor, attach debugger and start
emulation. This way you should be able to see what's going on.
Read: http://www.qemu.org/qemu-doc.html#SEC23

The first hand experience: if you use Qemu logging you should see all
instructions to be executed by Qemu.

Cheers,
Karel
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com