Call for SPARCengine 1e BSP

Ivan Galkin Ivan_Galkin at uml.edu
Thu Sep 8 13:47:08 UTC 2005

Jiri, many thanks for these important clarifications.
I only wish we knew that this sparc v7 board won't work a month ago.
We do need VME to control our VME hardware and sync to its timing.
I don't think we are going to spend $18K on a TSC695 starter kit. Does
not sound right.
MiThOS will work on sun4e, but their development is defunct, and they
never wrote a VME driver.
We are leaning towards scratching the idea and moving to an intel vme
board. This will mean different bsp, vme, endian, CPU speed. But its
better than sun4e, apparently.
Something like vp101 by ArcTechnico. This brings another question - do
we order a linux VME driver from ActTechnico, hoping that we can make it
work in Rtems? Another option in a VxWorks vme driver.

Thanks again,
Ivan