PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Sep 16 04:22:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 13:56 +1000, Angelo Fraietta wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 08:18 +1000, Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> When I try to build my app, I get the following error
>
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/opt/rtems/lib/gcc-lib/i386-rtems/3.2.3/include/c++/deque', needed by
> `o-optimize/baseshel.o'.  Stop.

This is a gcc internal c++ header.

> I assume this means that I have to define something in my makefile or
> configure. Any suggestions
It's a problem with your application's dependency tracking. Hard to
guess on the cause without having seen your source code.

Probably you have upgraded GCC and have missed something.
I guess, either
* You didn't install g++ rsp. libstdc++
* You have the directory of libstdc++'s headers hard-coded into your
Makefiles somewhere.
* In case you are generating dep files, you might have to regenerate
them.

Also note: The installation directory of this header has changed in
newer GCC versions.
The new location is:

However, this change should be completely opaque to your build
infrastructure. If not, it needs some work.

Ralf