PR469 IDE problem, was: Re: Any New 4.6.4 Issues

Thomas Doerfler (nt) Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Fri Sep 16 07:53:03 UTC 2005

Ralf,

many thanks for making these things clear to me.
Ralf Corsepius schrieb:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 08:42 +0200, Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:
>>
>>E.g. Angelo's hardware will require these settings:
>>
>>#define IDE_USE_PRIMARY_INTERFACE 0
>>#define IDE_USE_SECONDARY_INTERFACE 1
>

> => he wants "non-default settings".
>
> This means he will want to explicitly override them.
>
> As things currently are implemented, he should be able to so by
> overriding them from the environment:
>
> ../configure --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 \
> --target=i386-rtems4.7 \
> --prefix=<whatever> \
> IDE_USE_PRIMARY_INTERFACE=1 \
> IDE_USE_SECONDARY_INTERFACE=0

HURRAY, that's what I was expecting (but didn't know the details).

But I think there is a typo, the options are set the wrong way round. It
should be:

../configure --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 \
- --target=i386-rtems4.7 \
- --prefix=<whatever> \
IDE_USE_PRIMARY_INTERFACE=0 \
IDE_USE_SECONDARY_INTERFACE=1

> BTW: Shouldn't these options be mutually exclusive or be integer values.
> (IDE_INTERFACE={0,1,2} or similar).

No, with the way I defined these options, you can also have a RTEMS
system with TWO interfaces and FOUR disks (it the ATA driver can handle
this, I never tried)

> You ain't ;)

So now I should stop working and start the weekend, because the rest of
Friday can only get worse :-)

Thanks again, Ralf.

Angelo, can you try this out?

wkr,