Problems building RTEMS for M68k in CYGWIN environment

Swain, Mark T mark.t.swain at delphi.com
Mon Apr 24 14:59:16 UTC 2006

All,

Thank you very much for your help.  I did verify that I can compile a simple program using the the cross compiler (m68k-rtems-gcc) by following the instructions in the "Getting Started with RTEMs" tutorial.  The "f.c" code assembled and later compiled ok.  Is this the compiler (gcc) that acutally builds the rtems application?  I also did an "env" to see if there was problems with incorrect variables being set.   Didn't see anything unusual, no LIB or CC set.

The following shows an exert of the config.log file.  From the file it looks like the problem is related to "/bin/ld: cannot find -luser32".  I'm not really sure what the -luser32 is referring to.  I haven't got a chance to try Sreejith idea at this point.  Again, thanks for the help and let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Mark

gcc version 3.3.3 (cygwin special)
configure:2192: $? = 0
configure:2194: gcc -V </dev/null >&5
gcc: `-V' option must have argument
configure:2197: $? = 1
configure:2220: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2223: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/bin/ld: cannot find -luser32
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2226: $? = 1