RTEMS Toolchain on pure Win32 (no Cygwin): is it really working?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Aug 1 05:55:56 UTC 2006

Evgeny Belyanco wrote:

> In wiki I found very interesting page:
>
> MinGW Tools for Windows
> http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows

We are about to branch so I was waiting for that to rebuild. A post
was/is coming after I have branch tagged installers made. I need to
upload from here to the ftp site so I am trying to keep the number of
uploads to a minimum.

The tools are all built on Linux including the installers. You can find
the scripts and installer code in 'contrib/mingw'. It uses Ralf's
crossrpms package to do the actual tools build. A couple of minor issues
(hacks) exist with the build process that I am attempting to sort out.
The Wiki page assumes the newer release I have.

> Is it really working?

They should work. Let me know if they do not.

I have a newer version with installer changes adding things like a GPL
license accept in the installer as well as being included in the files
installed, plus a range of batch files and scripts that are installed to
help using the tools such as building in things like Visual Studio.

> What about automake/autoconf?

At the time I generated the ones on the ftp site autoconf/automake where
not in crossrpms and they have been added since. I have not caught up.
GDB is also missing.

I have built a m68k multilib RTEMS on Windows with the tools in a cmd box.

Regards
Chris