FastDB under RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Aug 14 11:03:09 UTC 2006

Evgeny Belyanco wrote:
> Monday, August 14, 2006, 12:07:27 AM, you wrote:
>
> JS> I ported something called fastdb a few years ago.  I don't
> JS> know if it is still available on the net or not.  It was easy to
> JS> get running under RTEMS.
>
> The right sources are:
>
> www.fastdb.org
> www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/fastdb.html

Are there any references to RTEMS in the sources?

This is old enough where it is in my personal archives and it may take
some work to even find it.  It was a version like 1.06 or something
similarly very low

I repeat what with POSIX enabled in RTEMS, it wasn't particularly
hard to get to build and run the demo.

> Project still live - I have e-mail from author.

Good.  I recall playing with FastDB and GigaDB but GigaDB seemed to
focused on high RAM targets which aren't real common in embedded
systems.

And RTEMS doesn't support virtual memory so mmap is not supported.
The IMFS is an in-memory filesystem.  If you use that, it is effectively
mapped.